If you’re in need of full-service apartment movers, we have you covered. We can pack up your apartment, load the truck, transport and unpack on the other end.
Just need help with the heavy stuff? We can take that too. Go ahead and pack up and transport the smaller items yourself, and we’ll move the big things to your new apartment. We can provide as much or as little assistance as you would like.
Get together with your friends to have fun, let us handle your apartment move.
Our professional apartment movers know their stuff. From navigating the tight spaces in apartment buildings to navigating the tight corners of our city streets, Metcalf movers has done it all.
Apartment Move In Checklist
Moving from one apartment to another, or even just out of an apartment, has some unique requirements. As you plan your apartment move, keep the following in mind, and the move will go much more smoothly.
- Apartment Building Move Schedule
- Notify management of intent to move out/in
- Reserve elevator time (many buildings have strict move in/out times)
- If applicable, reserve freight dock time for truck
- Schedule inspection & security deposit return
- Street parking permits if required in your neighborhood
- Notify utilities of move (you may still get charged if not notified)
- Submit change of address to USPS
We’ve touched on some of the building items to check. Be sure to obtain all the rules your apartment buildings have for moving. Some buildings are quite strict and may refuse access to freight elevators or ingress/egress access if your move is not taking place during authorized times.
In addition to the standard elements of the apartment move checklist, review your accounts for your home address. Many people have “one-click” purchase on sites like Amazon or belong to a wine/beer/gadget of the month club. Be sure to change these or you may inadvertently send packages to your old address.
RECEIVE A FREE QUOTE
Excellent staff. We have moved approximately 15 times w/Metcalf Mayflower
- Don D.