This privacy notice discloses the privacy practices for www.metcalfmoving.com. This privacy notice applies solely to information collected by this website. It will notify you of the following:
- What personally identifiable information is collected from you through the website, how it is used and with whom it is shared.
- What choices are available to you regarding the use of your data.
- The security procedures in place to protect the misuse of your information.
- How you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
Information Collection, Use, and Sharing
We are the sole owners of the information collected on this site. We only have access to/collect information that you voluntarily give us via email or other direct contact from you. We will not sell or rent this information to anyone.
We will use your information to respond to you, regarding the reason you contacted us. We will not share your information with any third party outside of our organization, other than as necessary to fulfill your request, e.g. to perform an estimate.
Your Access to and Control Over Information
You may opt out of any future contacts from us at any time. You can do the following at any time by contacting us via the email address or phone number given on our website:
- See what data we have about you, if any.
- Change/correct any data we have about you.
- Have us delete any data we have about you.
- Express concern you have about our use of your data.
This website contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other site. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
- Our Personal Information Collection and Use Practices.
- Identifiers, such as name, email address, postal address, username, password, IP address, and other online identifiers.
- Sensory information, such as profile photos.
- California customer records (as defined in California Civil Code §1798.80), such as contact details and communications we collect through our support channels, marketing webpages, social media, and connections with other marketing activities.
- Commercial information, such as billing and transaction information and purchase history.
- Internet or network activity information, such as information generated from interactions with our online services, such as data collected through server logs and cookies and similar technologies.
- Geolocation, such as your city or other general location.
- Professional or employment-related information, such as current or prior organizational affiliation, job title, information about your role, and work-related contact details.
- Inferences that we may derive from the above identified information.
- Your California Privacy Rights Under the CCPA.
- Right to Request. If you are a California resident, pursuant to the CCPA, you have the right to request:
- the categories of Personal Information collected about you;
- the categories of sources from which your personal information is collected;
- the business or commercial purpose of collecting or selling your Personal Information;
- the categories of third parties with which your Personal Information is shared;
- the specific pieces of Personal Information collected about you;
- the categories of Personal Information sold about you and the categories of third parties to whom the Personal Information was sold, if applicable;
- a copy of the Personal Information that we have collected about you during the past 12 months;
- deletion of your Personal Information; and
- an opt out of having your Personal Information disclosed or sold to third parties.
- Right to Request Deletion of Personal Information. You have the right to request that we delete Personal Information that we have collected and maintain about you, subject to certain exceptions. For example, Metcalf will not be required to comply with your request to delete your Personal Information if it is necessary for Metcalf to maintain your Personal Information in order to:
- complete the transaction for which the Personal Information was collected, provide a good or service requested by you, or reasonably anticipated within the context of Metcalf’s ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform a contract between you and Metcalf;
- detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; or prosecute those responsible for that activity;
- debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
- exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise his or her right of free speech, or exercise another right provided for by law;
- comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act pursuant to Chapter 3.6 (commencing with Section 1546) of Title 12 of Part 2 of the Penal Code;
- engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when Metcalf’s deletion of the information is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the achievement of such research, if you have provided informed consent;
- to enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with your expectations based on your relationship with Metcalf;
- comply with a legal obligation; or
- otherwise use your personal information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information.
- Exercising Your California Privacy Rights. To submit a request, or designate an authorized agent to make a request under the CCPA on your behalf, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. To verify your identity when you submit a request and confirm your California residency, Metcalf will match the identifying information you provide us to the Personal Information we have about you. If necessary, we may ask you to provide additional information for verification regarding your request.
- Right to Non-Discrimination for Exercising Rights. Metcalf will not discriminate against you in the event you exercise any of the aforementioned rights under CCPA, including, but not limited to, by:
- denying goods or services to you;
- charging different prices or rates for goods or services, including through the use of discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties;
- providing a different level or quality of goods or services to you; or;
- suggesting that you will receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Right to Request. If you are a California resident, pursuant to the CCPA, you have the right to request:
EUROPEAN PRIVACY RIGHTS
- Data Controller. We are the data controllers responsible for your personal data processed via the Website.
- Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data. If you are an individual located in the EEA or UK, we collect and process personal data about you where we have a legal basis for doing so under applicable EEA and UK laws. This means we collect and process your data only when:
- It is necessary for a legitimate interest (which is not overridden by your individual privacy interests), such as preventing fraud, improving our website, and increasing the security of the website and network infrastructure;
- You have consented to this collection and processing for a specific purpose;
- It is necessary to fulfill our contractual obligations; or
- It is necessary to comply with a legal obligation.
- Some examples of our legitimate interests for processing personal data include:
- Website and network security;
- Customer support;
- Marketing to current customers;
- Fraud prevention; or
- Improving our website.
- If you have any questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your personal data, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Data Subject’s Rights. You have the following rights in relation to the personal data we hold about you:
- Right to withdraw consent. If we rely on your consent (or explicit consent) as our legal basis for processing your personal data, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time.
- Right of access and/or portability. You may have the right to access the personal data we hold about you, and in some limited circumstances, have that data provided to you so you can provide or “port” that data to another provider.
- Right to rectification. You may have the right to require us to correct any inaccurate or incomplete personal information.
- Right to erasure. In certain circumstance, you may have the right to the erasure of personal data that we hold about you, for example, where we no longer need it or if you withdraw your consent (where applicable).
- Right to restrict processing. You may have the right to request that we restrict processing of your personal data in certain circumstances such as where you contest the accuracy of that personal data or you object to us.
- Right to object. You may have the right to request that we stop processing your personal data or stop sending you marketing communications.
- Rights in relation to automated decision-making and profiling. You have the right not to be subject to a decision when it is based on automatic processing, including profiling, if it produces a legal effect or similarly significantly affects you, unless such profiling is necessary for entering into, or the performance of, a contract between you and us.
- Right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority. If you have a concern about any aspect of our privacy practices, including the way we have handled your personal data, you can report it to your local data protection regulators.
- Retention. We retain personal information for only so long as necessary for the intended purpose for which it was collected, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law or our document retention policies, which are based on professional standards and best practices.
RECEIVE A FREE QUOTE
Our recent move from the Twin Cities to Michigan was handled beautifully from start to finish, from the efficient and friendly service by Ron to the exceptional packing, loading and unloading by the on site crew. Special thanks to Jerry, our driver, and his side-kick Tim, who were truly angels in disguise during such an important time in our lives. I hope we don’t move again, but I’m sure that if we do we couldn’t find a company that would do a better job! Thank you – we are very, very grateful
- Marilyn B.